I did laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, made dinner (Bourbon chicken) cleaned as I cooked, set the dishwasher to run overnight, made coffee for the morning. Waiting for clothes to dry to put out my work pants and rest of my clothes for tomorrow...yep. I'm working some combination of Flylady, Messies, HabitHacker, etc. I've read them all and I love different aspects from them all. I get to hung up on stuff so combining and doing my "own thing" from them works best, I think. And as FlyLady was inspired by the Messies, they aren't too far apart overall.
They all focus on keeping one spot clean, FlyLady says to shine your sink while the other approaches give you the choice. But you must keep that one small area clean, if nothing else, as an inspiration point. They all recommend doing one entire load of laundry a day, (washing, drying, put away). Another commonality is making a to do list, just writing down what you want/need to accomplish each day. A daily quick clean 10-15 minutes depending which approach you read at the end of the day you spend a small amount of time picking up all those random things that got put down in random places. There are many, many more commonalities between the organization apporaches. I'm still figuring out what works for me, and as I now have a new house to learn in some things are different that my previous cramped apartment. Things now have a "place" they aren't just sitting somewhere as there is no other place to keep them. There are rooms with purpose, office and separate guest room for example. That now don't overlap and can each have specific things contained within each. Learning curve along with building new habits. Good times.
Side note, I never really drank coffee, but last week I was having a crazy craving for coffee, so I pulled out my old pot (I'd tried to drink it before and got a hand me down pot from my parents) and for the first time really enjoyed homemade coffee. But the pot being old and stored wasn't working great, luckily for me my parents had a "newer" spare pot. So I upgraded and have now been enjoying coffee in the morning. It's been pretty awesome so far. It helps wake me up, more than more energy drinks actually. I stay alert which helps with my job, so good times. ^.^
No comments:
Post a Comment