Monday, November 30, 2015

Leftover Turkey "Shepard's" Pie

More leftovers from Thanksgiving. This dish uses most leftovers, I used a Martha Stewart recipe as a guide; I put mushrooms instead of carrots, or other leftovers. The other variation I made was adding a bit of cheese to the top and broiling it for a few minutes. Turned out good, wish I would have put more cranberry sauce on that layer. But otherwise tasty use of leftovers. 

Chippy is ready for report
Elf on the Shelf, in my classroom an Elf visits once a year. Since I teach Pre-K I have two half day classes, which during elf time can cause confusion in what the elf's name is that year for that class. Today the Elf arrived, we watch the DVD. Then a bit after I get an IM from the front office that I have a package delivered. My teacher assistant goes to the freezer in the teacher lounge where the wrapped Elf has been chilling. The kids get so excited touching the box that feels like, "ice." I have them each pull on a corner/small part of the box. Overall they are all very respectful of the process which is a lot for a 4 year old. So we open the box and they are all so excited it's Chippy from the movie he came to our classroom. So I still said we needed to vote, as that was our math lesson for the day. So my AM class came up with Chippy and Jingle, Chippy won. My PM class came up with Chippy, Icy, Scott and Conner...again Chippy won. So my elf is just Chippy for the year. So for tomorrow he's hanging out on top of the SmartBoard, it's a simple one, I vary in level of effort year to year.

No comments:

Post a Comment