Sunday, December 6, 2015

Elf Antics

Elf on the Shelf is something I use in my classroom to help bring the Christmas spirit and help with behavior. This year I have been on my game with his arrival back to the classroom each night, but realize I have 10 more days of the elf antics ahead of me. So I am in the process of toning back the intensity of his endeavors. So far he arrive on the Smart Board but promptly after he:
Brought a tree and decorations to the Dramatic Play center.

Brought an Elf Pet that needs love to help Santa's sleigh fly. 

Decorated the "trees" with more lights.

Another teacher: Sledding in "snow."

Created a countdown chain till winter break. 

My students are having a blast with Chippy this year, wondering each day where he is hiding and what he's been up too. They love giving the reindeer love each day to help Santa on Christmas Eve. Their behavior is decent for December, kids get more and more excited as Christmas approaches. Chippy helps give them another reason to be responsible in their choices/control of behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment