Saturday, November 20, 2010

Chaos Theory

Life was going great, there was routine and consistency, so I guess I should have expected something to happen. Unfortunately I couldn't, nor would I have wanted to predict what happened next. My man and I just "celebrated" two years together (yay us), but this was downsized due to his brother passing away. His brother was 26 years old and just graduated from the motorcycle mechanic institute, and moved home. He unexpectedly passed away on November 3. So the last few weeks became a complete and utter whirlwind, life is just now going back to "normal." Obviously it's not the same, but we are making due.

Trying to get back into normal routines is taking time, the desire to do laundry wasn't great to begin with and now at times it's down right annoying. But it's getting done, slowly...because it piled up a little bit recently. Earlier this week I actually did some meal planning for the week, I picked easy dishes and spent a little more money on some convenience foods, but at least I'm attempting to cook at home again. Tonight I was adventurous and made broccoli cheddar soup, it was my first attempt at a homemade version of this, which I always crave in the cooler months. I used this recipe, and just varied the Velveeta amount till it was good, I also added some matchstick carrots, I was a little short on flour so I added some cornstarch to compensate. It came out REALLY thick but I think that's due to my man adding more cheese. I made some Pillsbury crescent rolls to go on the side (buttery flavor), as I said easy convenience foods. But it was good and filling. I didn't think to take pictures but it looked pretty standard for broccolli cheddar soup. ^.^

Hopefully I'll have happier news to report in the near future, just trying to get back into the swing of things.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about your loss. Will be praying for all of you. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete