Last weeks meals were:
Frozen Skillet (pre packaged meal)
Pan Burrito's
Crock Pot Jambalaya
Leftovers
Baked Ziti
more leftovers, lol
So since this is more reviewing last weeks meals I'll just talk about the one's I made.
Pan Burrito's - I've made a few times before the recipe is on the blog elsewhere, I'm feeling lazy and don't want to find the link. This time I added diced onion and jalapenos while browning the beef, and adding some pepper to give the meat a little flavor. I always use spicy refried beans and this time used medium enchilada sauce.
Crock Pot Jambalaya - this turned out good. I added a little garlic also to the mixture of ingredients. I made some rice and stirred that in for the last 30 minutes or so. I also added a little bit of cornstarch (mixed with water) to help thicken up the liquid which I should have done earlier but I wasn't home. But it turned out really tasty, it was spicy. But we like things spicy.
Baked Ziti - my first attempt at something like this, not that it was complicated but it was different. Mostly using ricotta cheese was new, as the only lasagna I've made is a Mexican variety. It was easy once all the ingredients were prepped and the prep wasn't bad either, boiling noodles, browning meat, etc. Nothing too difficult. It was tasty, but makes a TON, 8 large servings. So either cut the recipe or make it when you have company. :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment