Friday, February 25, 2011

Havarti Ham and Potatoes

So I made this tonight, and changed leftover buffet to last night as there was just too much food in the fridge. Good problem, but overwhelming at times too.

Recipe
The pot roast I made was good, although a little bland in comparison to most food I make lately. It was just basic American cooking with only salt and pepper as seasonings relying upon the flavor of the meat and veggies to enhance the meal. Good but needed something more for our taste buds.

Tonight I made the Havarti Ham and Potatoes casserole it came out awesome (minus some precooked potatoes, not being cooked all the way through). Not having eaten Havarti cheese it was an experiment that turned out awesome. It was flavorful and tasty. Will make again.
Finished and served

I took a picture of the meal after we'd eaten we obviously have some leftovers. But that's okay as it was tasty.
Zuppa


On Wednesday I went out with my Red Hat group (I'm a pink hat, and joined to go along with my mom) We ordered our desserts first, and then had lunch it was fun and enjoyable. It just goes to show you that you don't always have to conform to the norm, but enjoy life and all the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment