I've never had a green thumb, I always joked it was brown as all plants I ever tried to keep alive, let alone help them to thrive...didn't make it. Moving provided me with a large over grown backyard, which has a few plants that were obviously placed on purpose, not necessarily natural to the area. Didn't realize what they were till we got some much needed rain, and discovered we had a crepe myrtle in the backyard. Which was exciting as it had been discussed to put a new one out there. The other plants are still unknown, for now. :-)
Anyways, once the rain helped I began hose watering every few days as we are in a Stage 2 drought here in San Antonio. So the Crepe myrtle has began to flourish, it's pretty awesome as it has some great pink blooms. So here are a few photo's of it's progression.The front yard needs some work, I just need to figure out what to do with it, as it has plants that are pretty drought resistant, but I have just never learned how to care for these things. The back yard has 2 rose bushes also that are all out of control with no blooms. Not sure if I can "save them" or if it would be best to pull them out and start over with something new. It's all a learning process but I'm enjoying gardening much more than I could have anticipated. To making things pretty and grow. :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment