Sunday, October 23, 2011

Menu Plans

Here are my basic plans, as I said in my last post we went to a Warehouse store and stocked up on frozen chicken, and other basics. So that helped in my planning. I'm hitting up the grocery store tomorrow after work. Let the games begin.


Week of: Oct 23 – Oct 29
  • Chicken Parmesan w/ pasta
  • Steak w/ mashed potatoes, green beans
  • Chicken burgers w/ sweet potato fries
  • Chicken meatball kabob's w/ salad
  • Enchiladas – make extras
  • Chicken Marsala - NEW
Week of: Oct 30 – Nov 5
  • Spaghetti w/ garlic bread
  • Make-ahead burritos - NEW/ making extras
  • Jambalaya
  • Easy Cheese Tortellini Alfredo - make night before
  • Tuna casserole
  • Chicken Cordon Blue - NEW
Week of: Nov 6 – Nov 12
  • Beer Battered catfish w/ onion rings
  • Chili w/ corn bread
  • Meatloaf
  • Bourbon Chicken w/ noodles
  • Chicken and Dumplings (crockpot)


Some are old favorites, some are new. Some are things I haven't tried in a long time. Lots of chicken obviously, lol. I'm trying to incorporate at least one night a week to "make-ahead" cooking whether that be the crock-pot, or something I make in bulk and freeze some for later, or a casserole that I make the night before to be cooked later. I think there's at least 1 of those a week, so eventually that will lower the amount of cooking. The man offered to make Chicken Cordon Blu so I added that one, and he'll help in the kitchen most nights. Which is awesome. Wish me luck, I only planned 6 a week (will add one to the week of Nov 6) as we all need at least one night for leftovers, going out, etc. I take leftovers for lunch a lot as I work in a school and cafeteria food isn't always awesome. I do buy my lunch sometimes, but it has to be something "good."

No comments:

Post a Comment