Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Here we go again...

Okay so I've done Flylady once successfully then moved back in with my parents and thus lost all habits. I started again awhile back but fell out of all that probably due to moving and just to much change in schedule again. But now I'm going for round 3, my plan is to use Flylady principals and ideas but not go full force charging in as I have in the past. She pushes for babysteps as otherwise you get overwhelmed and give up, 15 minutes a day is something I can handle most days at least. And I won't beat myself up if I miss a day of decluttering/unpacking if I worked/was away from the house for 12 hours. I've trained the man to make the bed when he gets up which is ALWAYS later than me.

First step is "shining your sink" I know how she wants it done, I know her method. I just don't wake up early enough to empty the dishwasher in the AM before leaving for work, and the man isn't too good on doing that on his own. He's a great helper but he's not awake before 6am like I am, and I leave the house by 6:20am. I need to suck it up and be mature about going to bed a bit earlier and waking up 10-15 minutes earlier as that's all it takes to get everything put away. And that's step one, so that's the goal tonight. Were going to order delivery, I haven't made it to the grocery store lately nor meal planned since my marathon plan a thon last month. So were resorting to the easy solution, having someone else cook and deliver. :-) Which is another reason for the desire for routine, but mostly I have set hours now, so I can more easily plan and mentally prepare to accomplish x, y, or z but I just don't do well doing it on my own at this point. I'm too ambitious and plan to much then when I'm tired after work I don't do any of it or if I'm lucky a little bit gets done.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment