Sunday, July 18, 2010

Another attempt at FlyLady

So over the years I've done FlyLady and it's worked, but I haven't stuck with it consistently and thus fall back into living in CHAOS (can't have anyone over syndrome). Inspired by Fly Lady Flunky I am going to try and blog about accomplishments with the baby steps and Fly Lady system. I'm not going to get to detailed into the system here, as there are multiple websites and books to read that information from the sources. I've already included some links here. And will probably continue to do so. This blog isn't dedicated to just fly lady either as it's title implies. I use it to ramble and babble about other things, although I have a feeling the current focus will be on homemaking. 


My biggest headache is clutter, and laundry...go figure. Anyways, I've been maintaining some of my FlyLady habits for awhile now, mostly keeping dishes out of the sink and making the bed when it's not still occupied. So tonight I will restart officially with babystep 1. Which is shining the sink, my sink is currently clean but I will tonight make sure to give it a good scrub again. 


I am ahead of the "game" in some ways, as I have a control journal that's partially completed. I even have to do lists and reminders programed into my Android phone. Although there isn't an app specifically helpful as there is one for the iphone. I'm looking forward to being able to use the App Inventor for Android by Google, once I get an invitation. So hopefully I can create a personalized app, because seriously who doesn't have their phone with them most of the time. So it's my lifeline. 


Part of the reason I've gotten out of the habit of the "system" is that I work pretty scattered hours, and it changes. I'm a brain trainer and so I work one-on-one with students (of all ages), but that means that sometimes I work 3 days a week to 6 days, for random hours throughout the day. Thus making routine harder to accomplish. But I'm going to do my best to maintain this, and start out slow as I like so many others tend to jump into things and get overwhelmed. There are babysteps for a reason and as FlyLady likes to remind all her flybabies "You are not behind! I don't want you to try to catch up; I just want you to jump in where we are. O.K.?"

No comments:

Post a Comment