Monday, October 11, 2010

Bourbon Chicken, hold the Bourbon

Chicken after step 1, and rice cooker
I saw chicken was on sale this week at the grocery store so I decided to take advantage and look up a recipe to make it a little more interesting than my standby's. I'm so glad I did, I used food.com to search for chicken dishes and selected highest rated. This version of Bourbon Chicken was number one, and for good reason I think.

Add the chicken to the sauce
My man was surprised that there was no actual bourbon in this dish, as it's name implies. But I don't think it lacked any flavor, although I don't know if I have ever tasted straight bourbon for that matter.

I took pictures during the process but forgot to take a picture of the food plated. We had company, so I was feeding four hungry gentleman. Whom all cleaned their plates I might add. ^.^

Veggies, chicken simmering away
Here are a few more pictures, the differences from the recipe and what I did. I added some frozen veggies, it was a blend of peas, snap peas, carrots, and mini corn overall a stir-fry mix I also added some cornstarch in the last 2-3 minutes of simmering to thicken the sauce up some after reading the comments.

I'm going to take this opportunity to talk about one of my most favorite pans in my kitchen. This was part of the bigger Calphalon Contemporary cookset I received years ago as a gift. But this is the pan I use more than any other. It's larger pan but a cross between a frying pan and a sauce pan which is what makes it so awesome. This is also the pan featured most in my posts I've realized here recently.
All that remained
So I thought it was fair to share what exactly it was. It is pricey especially on the actual website, I'm sure through Amazon or other means it could be found for a discounted price. Here's the link again in case it was missed above 3 quart saute pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment