Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sweet and Spicy

Okay crock pot cooking has many, many advantages. Such as the obvious "fix and forget" mentality. Something I need to pay closer attention to though is the amount of prep that is involved prior to putting it all in the pot and forgetting about it, but we live and learn.
Some of the finished ribs

Fortunately for me this time at least, all the "extra" hard work was well worth it, I made some Sweet Spicy ribs and beans, as I saw ribs were on sale at HEB last week. To say these were a small hit would be lying, these went over huge.

Pinto Beans w/ onions cooked with ribs
Some of our neighbors were having a bbq outside and invited us to join, and I felt even less intrusive being able to offer some of our ribs. Luckily for me as I made 5lbs of ribs in the crockpot, and it's just me and my man here typically I was more than happy to share.

These were a huge hit, the meat fell right off the bone, and I must say my neighbors homemade potato salad was awesome too. They were also BBQing chicken, sausage and steaks, so just tons of food.

I now have to pass the recipe along to both households, but I don't mind sharing my find from food.com with them as they were awesome. I followed the recipe exactly, cooking on low for 9-10 hours except added a lot more hot sauce than the 1 teaspoon called for, and we here in San Antonio feel that next time I should add more, but that's our taste. ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment